SPECIAL GIFTS ENDOWMENT FUND
The Chesapeake District LWML established a Special Gifts Endowment Fund in 1994 to receive gifts of money and property, either directly or through bequests in wills or trust to further the work of the LWML. Contributions are encouraged for occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, memorials, or to honor individuals. Many contributions are made to The Glory of God. A Special Gifts Fund memorial book is maintained and can be viewed at District conventions.
The fund has grown to the point that the District can now offer grants from a portion of the accumulated interest. Requests may be used to fund a new project or to help with an existing project. All projects should reflect the mission statement of the LWML.
A $300 grant has been awarded to Randy Ronning, Director of Family Life at Trinity Lutheran Church, Ashland Campus, Ashland, VA to begin an outreach into a predominately Hispanic trailer park. Planned is a “Meet and Greet” with the residents and Mr. Ronning. Lunch, games and prizes, music and resource materials, i.e. LWML & LCMS in English and Spanish will be provided to the attendees. Randy will follow-up with those who attend and express interest in hearing more about the Lutheran Church.
GUIDELINES FOR REQUESTING A GRANT FROM THE SPECIAL GIFTS FUND
1. Requests may come from the District, the Zone, or the local Society. They are not intended to be used for budget expenses of the district, zone, or society. The following requests will be considered.
a. A grant for a new project where one time or start-up funds are needed.
b. A grant to help with an ongoing or an established project.
2. The applicant assures the need is legitimate through research or personal knowledge.
3. Request must be submitted to the Special Gifts Committee for review using the form below .
4. The Special Gifts Committee will evaluate the request and submit it to the Executive Committee for approval.
5. Funds should be requested in increments of $100 up to a maximum of $300. Requesting units are limited to one request per biennium.
6. The grant request must have signature of the President/Chairman of the group making the request. Also list the name of the person overseeing the project, their phone number and e-mail address.
7. Allow a minimum of thirty days for the Special Gifts Committee to consider the request, receive Executive Committee approval, and transfer funds from LCEF to the District treasury.
8. Report to the Special Gifts Chairman on the status of the project within six months of the time the grant is received.
For more information, contact Sandra O’Hedy 302-653-4023 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org